Friday, October 18, 2013

Santiago. Day?

Our albergue was next to a bar that did not close until at least 4:00 AM!  The noise had us all awake. Went for coffee, packed up and switched to a hotel. It is in a former hospitalero (pilgrim hostel) and monetary. Small monastic rooms, but there are sheets and towels!!!!  

Noon Mass for pilgrims was great even though I don't understand a luck of Spanish. My friend, Gerard, was able to participate so I had to break the rule and take photos. The incense burner (largest in the world) and swung. 

Walked around most of the afternoon and will meet up with friends for dinner. 

Tomorrow I will take the bus to within about 12km of Finisterre and walk the shore in. 

Photos from last night and today. 












Bagpipe player greeting pilgrims upon their arrival. 
Building across from cathedral. 
Mass


Swinging the butafumeria. 

My hotel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment