Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Poblacion de Campos to Carrion de Los Condes. Day 18

Day 17 was a rest day. I hung out at the hotel and read all day. It was wonderful. I am now better rested and my cold is going away. 

Left by 7:30 this morning. It still amazes me how dark it is at that hour. Pitch black. It was raining, pouring, drizzling, and pouring. Fortunately not too much wind. 

After 10km I stopped at Villalcazar de Sirga for a tortilla bocadilla (scrambled egg on a big chunk of bread). Six km later here I am at albergue Santa Maria. This albergue is run by Benedictine nuns. They don't open until noon, but I was able to shower while I wait to check in. 

Oh--the reason I didn't keep walking today is because the next town in 17 km away. 34 km in one day would be pushing it. Besides, I had read about this albergue and really wanted to stay here. 

We have the following schedule:
5:00 vespers
5:30 sing-a-long
8:00 mass with pilgrim blessing
9:00 community dinner. The nuns provide the first course and we donate something for the rest of the meal. 

It all sounds pretty darn good to me. I'm off to find some dessert and explore the churches. 


 
This didn't come out too well...  It was a pretty yucky morning.  Rain had stopped for a few minutes so I dated take out my phone for a shot. 
Statue here in town. 
Went shopping for something to contribute to dinner and I came back with an extra goodie!  

No comments:

Post a Comment