Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Belorado to Ages. Day 12

17 miles. Actually it wasn't too bad once I found a cafe and had breakfast. I wasn't sure how far I would make it today because of my chest cold and headache that I woke up with. My headache left and my cold is okay--not great, but okay. I have no voice so it's difficult to converse. 

Lots of sunshine and little shade today. Thank heaven for my super hat that my family made fun of!  That and sunscreen helped. There were quite a few step ascents and descents and then it leveled out. 

Am missing home a lot today and spent the better part of my walk figuring out how to get there!  Was going to stop in the town before this, but it was noon and the only albergue didn't open until 1:00, and there is no bus service. Had a Coke and walked the 4k here, called Joseph and am now fine. Santiago here I come. 

I will admit to buying a new backpack and shipping my other one, along with unessential items, on to Santiago. This pack is smaller and much lighter than my other one. I think I am now carrying about seven pounds less (yes I did have extra things!). Walking is much easier. 

My knees are better which also helps. 

Tomorrow is off to Burgos. Heather--you will be able to find Burgos on a map. 

The
Us albergue is fabulous. It is possible to sit up on the bottom bunk (though I have a single bed!), and we have real bathrooms just like at home--not dorm style!  What a luxury. 

Just had a tortilla (eggs and potatoes baked together), tomato sliced and bread for lunch. For dinner I will eat here. We are having salad and paella and j am sure it will be homemade. 

Not as many photos today ... Will try to take some of this quaint village only 23km from the big city of Burgos. I know Burgos is supposed to be wonderful, but I prefer these small villages. 

That's all for now. 
Burn camino. 

No comments:

Post a Comment