Friday, September 13, 2013

Day 0

Two flights, two trains and a bus ride later and I am at the albergue after a yummy dinner and thinking how great it will be to sleep. Absolutely beautiful here in the mountains. Took the bus because the train was so crowded and it was much better--got here faster and saw more scenery from the front seat. Met Matthew from Dublin and a woman from Vancouver. The other gentlemen in our room don't speak English so haven't really met them tho I did take their photo. Michelle (I will call her that) and her friends have hired a service to carry their packs for the next two days--to get over the Pyrenees. They are staying where I am tomorrow night so I am going to take Joseph's suggestion and avail myself of the bag carrying service. By the time I get to more serious climbs my legs will be stronger and I will probably gotten rid of some non-essential items and my pack will weigh less. Wishful thinking at any rate.  Will explore St Jean before heading to Orisson tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. Pack carrying sounds like a plan to me! Smart move. And of course you have friends already!

    ReplyDelete