Monday, September 16, 2013

Espinal to Larrasoana. Day 3

Wow, it is dark still at 7:00 am!  On the road at 8:00. Many hills still. I've decided that the downs are worse than the ups. There are many cyclists on the camino, but I never expected to see a unicycle.  I was too stunned to get my camera out quickly enough. He had to walk the hill we were approaching so I wonder how much progress he will make. 
I vacillated between stopping in Zubiri or walking on. Finally decided to stop because the albergue in Larrasoana has not received good reviews. Just as I was about to turn into Zubiri I bumped into fellow pilgrims who were at the same cafe as I for breakfast. I was spurred on and here I am--very weary and footsore. I think I covered about 20 km today. 
Alice, from South Korea, and I found the mercado and bought bread cheese and salami (and a beer) for lunch. On our way back we saw the restaurant. Ah well... We made reservations for the pilgrim dinner. 
Larrasoana is a small town, quaint and pretty. The albergue isn't anything to write home about but it will do. Plastic covers on the mattresses and pillows. Luckily the sell covers for 1 euro. Got here early so I have a bottom bunk near a window. 
It is difficult to stop thinking about how things are going at home, though I suspect time will take care of that. 
Thea, if you are reading this, thank you for a great camino haircut!  

1 comment:

  1. Put aside thoughts of home. You are there for YOU. Love you.

    ReplyDelete